Friday, 11 October 2013

Diary Entry


Diary Entry on the end of scene 5. Focusing on Blanche's perspective.

Oh dear, Oh dear what have I done? 
I promised myself I wouldn't play around with young boys again, can I not control myself? 
I suppose it was a moment of temptation, he looked so much like an Arabian Prince. I couldn't but help myself but repeat those words to myself after he had left. "I've got to be good-and keep my hands of children. Because that’s what he was. a child barely half my age and I was playing with his heart, I threw myself at him for goodness sake!
Then, Mitch turned up just as he was leaving! Oh god what if he had caught me, I couldn't do that to him! I need him! He calms me down he's stable and damn it if I’ll give up on him. It's a wonder Stanley hasn't given privy to any of the rumours, my old life's catching up with me! I just wanted to leave it all behind! Can I not live in peace? “Everyone knows a Shaw” god what was I thinking?

1 comment:

  1. A good attempt at capturing Blanche's voice . This shows careful reading of the text and you refer to the text well. You don't need to use quotations in this type of work. Don't forget to write the script for Blanche and Mitch.

    ReplyDelete